82. Arabic Language and Identity: Transregional Texts and Transnational Discourses
Monday, 5 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Columbia, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Karin C. Ryding, Georgetown Univ.
1. "Animating Linguistic Nationalism in Jordan," Elizabeth M. Bergman, Miami Univ., Oxford
2. "The Sound of the People: Popular Music and Identity in Lebanon," Clara Shea, Georgetown Univ.
3. "The Way Forward to Teaching Arabic: Incorporating Dialect with Modern Standard Arabic (MSA)," Georgette Jabbour, Defense Language Inst.
4. "A Baghdadi Party Crasher in Isfahan," Emily J. Selove, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|