256. Ecstasy: The Writing of Delirium in Middle Eastern Literature
Tuesday, 6 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Ballard, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Lucian Stone, Univ. of North Dakota
1. "Reading Guilt as a Signpost of Reality," Sharareh Frouzesh Bennett, Univ. of California, Irvine
2. "Delirium in Prerevolutionary Iranian Literature," Babak Rahimi, Univ. of California, San Diego
3. "Inhuman Ecstasies: Existential Transformation in the Works of Ahmad Shamlu, Nima Yushij, and Adonis," Jason Mohaghegh, New Jersey City Univ.
4. "Speaking from the Void: Subjectivity and Ecstasy in Wild Thorns," Aliza Atik, Stony Brook Univ., State Univ. of New York
For abstracts, visit www.sctiw.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|