156. The Expulsion of the Moriscos (1609–14): History and Memory
Friday, 9 January, 7:00–8:15 p.m., Parlor C, Sheraton Chicago
A special session
Presiding: Galina Ivanovna Yermolenko, DeSales Univ.
1. "Dispossessing by Law: 'The Royal Decree of Expulsion of the Moriscos in 1609,'" Raul Marrero-Fente, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
2. "Facing and Defacing the Morisco in the Spanish Comedia," Gabriela Carrion, Regis Univ.
3. "The Moriscos in Arab-Mediterranean Memory," Nabil I. Matar, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
4. "Facing Defeat: Muslims, Moriscos, and Spaniards in Radhwa Ashur's Gharnata (Granada)," Suha Kudsieh, Coll. of Staten Island, City Univ. of New York
For abstracts and papers, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|