Sunday, 09 January
731. Postcolonial Representations of Al-Andalus and Sefarad in Contemporary Literatures
10:15–11:30 a.m., 402A, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Maria Elena Soliño, Univ. of Houston
1. “Pathologies of Moorishness in Arab Diasporic Writing,” Atef Laouyene, California State Univ., Los Angeles
2. “Colonialism, Independence, and Moroccan Hispanism,” Cristián Horacio Ricci, Univ. of California, Merced
3. “A Haunting Past: Conflicting Historical Memories for African Immigrants in Spain,” Raquel Vega-Durán, Claremont McKenna Coll.
4. “Antonio Muñoz Molina’s Sepharad: Fractured Remembrances of a Century of Expulsions,” María Elena Soliño
For absracts, visit www.class.uh.edu/hispanicstudies/facultyandstaff_solino.asp.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|