Friday, 07 January
173. The Avant-Garde in Contemporary Chinese Poetry
8:30–9:45 a.m., 306B, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Christopher M. Lupke, Washington State Univ., Pullman
1. “Beyond Lyrical Bounds: Avant-Garde Narrative Poetry from Contemporary China,” Christopher M. Lupke
2. “The Lightness of History in Contemporary Chinese Poetry,” Shengqing Wu, Wesleyan Univ.
3. “Garde and Avant: Audience and Time in Contemporary Chinese Poetry,” Nick Admussen, Princeton Univ.
4. “Of Language and Beyond: The Poetry of Singaporean Poet Ng Kwang Cheng,” E. K. Tan, Stony Brook Univ., State Univ. of New York
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|