8. Fragmented Lives, Hybridity, and the Politics of Identity in South Asian Muslim Women's Writing
Friday, 3 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 201, Hynes
A special session
Presiding: Umme Al-wazedi, Augustana Coll., IL
1. "Seaming Sisterhood: South Asian Muslim Women in London," Feroza Framji Jussawalla, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
2. "Mothers, Nations, Others: Diasporic Citizenship in Tahmima Anam's A Golden Age," Chandrima Chakraborty, McMaster Univ.
3. "Diasporic Writing and Transnational Identities in Motion," Jennifer Yusin, Drexel Univ.
4. "Beyond Stereotypes and Ethnic Ambiguities: Negotiating Identities," Umme Al-wazedi
Responding: Sobia Khan, Univ. of Texas, Dallas
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|