Saturday, 08 January
556. Autobiographies from the Arab World in European Languages
1:45–3:00 p.m., 303A, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Carine Bourget, Univ. of Arizona
1. “(P)Reconstructed Memory: The Image of Egypt through Sample Memoir Writings,” Mounira Soliman, Cairo Univ.
2. “‘The Mute, Complicated Confusions of My Exilic Arab Identity’: Arabness Redefined in Leila Ahmed’s A Border Passage (1999),” Szidonia Haragos, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
3. “Francophone and Anglophone Arab Representations of the Self: Laâbi, Ben Jelloun, Khemir, and Faqir,” Simona Livescu, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
4. “From Dreams of Trespass to Rêves de femmes: Fatima Mernissi’s Harem, Lies, and Autobiography,” Carine Bourget
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 15 Dec.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|