393. Codes, Conventions, Connotations: Intertextuality in Modern Arabic Literature
Tuesday, 7 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Grand A, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Gretchen Head, Univ. of Pennsylvania
1. "Al-Tuhāmī al-Wazzānī's al-Zāwiyah and the Roots of Modern Moroccan Narrative," Gretchen Head
2. "Memories of a Soul: Recouping Existence in Mamduh Azam's Qasr al-Matar," Alexa Firat, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
3. "Landscapes of Contemporary Iraqi Poetry," Mara Naaman, Williams Coll.
4. "Absence Was Everywhere: Translation and the Loss of Intertextuality," Anthony Alessandrini, Kingsborough Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 1 Dec.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|