Friday, 07 January
261. African Women Writers: Living New Lives, Telling New Stories
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 304B, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Jennifer Browdy De Hernandez, Bard Coll. at Simon’s Rock
1. “African Women Writing Resistance: New Stories, New Lives,” Anne M. Serafin, Newton, MA
2. “Wolof Wedding Songs: Narrating Women’s Lives in a Culture of Polygamy,” Marame Gueye, East Carolina Univ.
3. “African Women’s Stories and the Dream of Global Sisterhood,” Juliana Nfah-Abbenyi, North Carolina State Univ.
4. “African Women’s Personal Narratives: Celebrating and Critiquing Past and Present to Empower the Future,” Jennifer Browdy De Hernandez
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|