672. Visual Archives in Modern Latin America
Tuesday, 12 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Parlor F, Sheraton Chicago
A special session
Presiding: Javier Guerrero, Princeton Univ.; Alejandra Uslenghi, Northwestern Univ.
1. "Archive Plasticity," Javier Guerrero
2. "Cuban Ecological Figures: Legacies of the 1930s for the Present," Rachel Price, Princeton Univ.
3. "World War I in the Tropics: State Propaganda and Cosmopolitanism in Brazil," Mariano Siskind, Harvard Univ.
4. "Archive Styles: Poses and Portraiture in Latin American Cartes de Visites," Alejandra Uslenghi
Responding: Natalia Brizuela, Univ. of California, Berkeley
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|