Friday, 29 December
604. Around Cities: (Sub)Urban Cinematic Representations from France, Germany, Argentina, and China
9:00–10:15 p.m., Commonwealth Hall B, Loews
A special session
Presiding: Carina Yervasi, Swarthmore Coll.
1. “So Much Tension, So Little Attention: French Films about the Banlieues,” Patricia Armstrong, Vanderbilt Univ.
2. “Real and Imaginary Space in Gegen die Wand,” Margarete Landwehr, West Chester Univ.
3. “Out of Order: Stories of Greater Buenos Aires in the Films of Trapero and Caetano,” Beatriz Dolores Urraca, Widener Univ.
4. “Nonplace like Home: Two Chinese Films,” Jerry Wayne Carlson, City Coll., City Univ. of New York
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 15 Nov.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|