Thursday, 28 December
328. A Celebration of the Life and Work of David Daiches (1912–2005)
7:15–8:30 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon L, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: William Baker, Northern Illinois Univ.
1. “Paradox and Perspective in Jane Austen, Karl Marx, and the Aristocratic Dance,” Melora G. Vandersluis, Azusa Pacific Univ.
2. “David Daiches and the Reclamation of Joseph Conrad’s Literary Reputation,” John G. Peters, Univ. of North Texas
3. “David Daiches, Eighteenth-Century Scottish Literature, and Sir Walter Scott,” Andrew D. Hook, Univ. of Glasgow
4. “‘One City’ of Fragments: Robert Louis Stevenson’s Second (Person) City through David Daiches’s Personal Eye,” Caroline McCracken-Flesher, Univ. of Wyoming
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|