Saturday, 29 December
610. From Text to Praxis: The Fiction and Nonfiction of Arundhati Roy
7:15–8:30 p.m., Dusable, Hyatt Regency
A special session
Presiding: Jason Howard Mezey, Saint Joseph’s Univ.
1. “Gender, Genre, and Readers: Arundhati Roy and the Construction of South Asian Identity,” Tamara Bhalla, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2. “Literary Praxis in The God of Small Things,” Deepika Bahri, Emory Univ.
3. “Human Rights and Environmental Memory in The God of Small Things and ‘The Greater Common Good,’” Aarthi Vadde, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
4. “Fetishes and Franchises: Critiquing State Power in Arundhati Roy’s Nonfiction,” Jason Howard Mezey
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|