382. Enabling Access: Gower and Premodern Disability Studies
Saturday, 4 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Hampton, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Georgiana Donavin, Westminster Coll., UT
1. "Blind Advocacy: John Gower and the Making of a Disability Canon," Jonathan H. Hsy, George Washington Univ.
2. "Blindness, Confession, and Re-membering in Gower's Confessio Amantis," Tory V. Pearman, Miami Univ., Hamilton
3. "The Trentham Manuscript as Broken Prosthesis: Wholeness and Disability in Lancastrian England," Candace Barrington, Central Connecticut State Univ.
4. "The Affects of the Aged: Gower's Old Lover," William Auther Youngman, Cornell Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|