747. Oscar Wilde in Print and Visual Culture
Monday, 6 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Jefferson, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Joseph Bristow, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
1. "Late Victorian Publicity: Oscar Wilde from The Artist to Punch," Loretta A. Clayton, Macon State Coll.
2. "Facing Wilde," Rochelle Rives, Borough of Manhattan Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
3. "Miss Representation: The Unnatural Order of Things in Oscar Wilde's Salomé," Christina Parker, Florida State Univ.
4. "Translation Is Blind: Wilde's 'The Disciple,' Rilke's 'Narcissus,' and the Possibility of a Queer Echo," Elizabeth Richmond-Garza, Univ. of Texas, Austin
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|