Monday, 28 December
156. Latinas/os and Cities: Migrations in Context
10:15–11:30 a.m., Grand Ballroom Salon L, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Juanita Isabel Heredia, Northern Arizona Univ.
1. “Ideal Immigrants in the Post-9/11 Era,” Theresa Delgadillo, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
2. “Imagining Washington Heights from the Dominican Diaspora: Urban Space and Genre in Junot Díaz and Angie Cruz,” Elena Machado Sáez, Florida Atlantic Univ.
3. “The Condor Passes: Transnational Cityscapes in Daniel Alarcón’s War by Candlelight,” Juanita Isabel Heredia
4. “Cities of Fallen Angeles: From Guatemala City to Los Angeles in Héctor Tobar’s The Tattooed Soldier and Francisco Goldman’s The Art of Political Murder,” Ana Patricia Rodríguez, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|