Monday, 29 December
441. Watching the (Scottish) Detectives
8:30–9:45 a.m., Powell, Hilton
A special session
Presiding: Caroline McCracken-Flesher, Univ. of Wyoming
1. “Anything Goes: The Legal Representation of Scotland in Detective Fiction,” Moira Phillips, Univ. of Toronto
2. “Detecting Espionage: John Buchan’s Global Transformations of Scottish Romance,” Penny A. Fielding, Univ. of Edinburgh
3. “Doyle and Dunnett: Behind Their Times?” Judith K. Wilt, Boston Coll.
4. “Tartan Noir; or, Hard-Boiled Heidegger,” Matthew F. Wickman, Brigham Young Univ., UT
For copies of abstracts, visit http://uwacadweb.uwyo.edu/english/faculty_staff/faculty_pages.htm/McCracken-Flesher_Caroline/CMF.htm.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|