51. The American Transcendentalists as Continental Philosophers
Monday, 5 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 308, WSCC
A special session
Presiding: Roger Bellin, Tulane Univ.
1. "Magical Life: Thoreau and Benjamin on Nature in Mourning," Branka Arsic, Univ. at Albany, State Univ. of New York
2. "Emerson, Blanchot, and the Wildness of Friendship," Eduardo Lujan Cadava, Princeton Univ.
3. "Negative Dialectics: The Transcendentalists, Adorno, and Utopian Philosophy," Clemens Spahr, Univ. of Mainz
4. "Pestalozzi, Alcott, Rancière: Pedagogy and Emancipation," Roger Bellin
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|