Sunday, 27 December
30. Historicizing Contemporary American Fiction
3:30–4:45 p.m., 304, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Andrew Hoberek, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
1. “Reading Dave Eggers in School,” Amy E. Hungerford, Yale Univ.
2. “Karen Tei Yamashita, Multiculturalism, and the Contemporary Novel,” Min Hyoung Song, Boston Coll.
3. “The Aesthetics and Politics of Awkwardness in Junot Díaz’s The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao,” Andrew Hoberek
4. “The Fiction of Prestige: Contemporary Realism and History,” Gordon N. Hutner, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|