546. Disgust and Desire in Early Modern English Literature
Monday, 11 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Chicago G, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Natalie Katerina Eschenbaum, Univ. of Wisconsin, La Crosse
1. "Talk Dirty to Me: Disgust, Desire, and Pornography in Thomas Nashe's The Unfortunate Traveller," Emily King, Vanderbilt Univ.
2. "Discerning (Dis)Taste: Delineating Sexual Mores in Shakespeare's Venus and Adonis," Marcela Kostihova, Hamline Univ.
3. "Guyon's Blush: Shame, Desire, and Temperance in The Faerie Queene, Book Two," Barbara Correll, Cornell Univ.
4. "Disgust, Desire, and Devotion in Robert Herrick's Epigrams," Natalie Katerina Eschenbaum
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|