206. Harlem's Transnational Modernisms: Recovering the Black Archive beyond the Nation
Saturday, 10 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Chicago F, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Joseph Donica, Wiley Coll.
1. "'America Is the Black Man's Country': Melvin Tolson's Gentrification of Black Poetics," Joseph Donica
2. "Langston Hughes, the Archive, and Transpacific Modernism," Jang Wook Huh, Columbia Univ.
3. "Radical Modernism beyond the Nation: Jean Toomer," Barbara Clare Foley, Rutgers Univ., Newark
4. "Gwendolyn Bennett's Transnational Modernisms," Belinda Wheeler, Paine Coll.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|