203. The Policy Era: The Postwar Novel and American Foreign Policy
Sunday, 10 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Chicago G, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Merve Emre, Yale Univ.
1. "The Fulbright Scholar's Properly Political Concept of Love," Merve Emre
2. "State Patronage and the Police State," Margaret Doherty, Harvard Univ.
3. "Freedom's Canon: US Writers, Communist Censorship, and the National Endowment for Democracy," Harilaos Stecopoulos, Univ. of Iowa
4. "Native Son Abroad, the Outsider at Home," Donal Harris, Univ. of Memphis
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|