Friday, 29 December
619. Sites of Textual Memory and Trauma in Korean American Literature
9:00–10:15 p.m., 406, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Paul Y. Lai, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. “Ishle Yi Park’s Poetic Anger and Interracial Drama,” Paul Y. Lai
2. “Gendered Narrative of Trauma in Chang-rae Lee’s A Gesture Life,” Seiwoong Oh, Rider Univ.
3. “Silence in Children’s Fiction: Memories of Korea 1935–53,” Sarah Park, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “Hypnosis and Memory in Theresa Hak Kyung Cha’s Dictee,” Jeehyun Lim, Univ. of Pennsylvania
For copies of abstracts, visit www.pylduck.com/mla/ after 5 Dec.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|