Friday, 30 December
658. New Routes in Middle Passage Literatures
8:30–9:45 a.m., Delaware Suite A, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Danielle Elliott, Princeton Univ.
1. “The Transoceanic Imagination: Bodies of Modernity in John Hearne’s The Sure Salvation,” Elizabeth M. DeLoughrey, Cornell Univ.
2. “To Tell the Story through Art Alone: Tom Feelings’s Middle Passage as Graphic Novel,” Qiana Joelle Whitted, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia
3. “(Re)Citing Captivity: Reading the Radical Black ‘Prison Narrative’ as Genealogy of the United States Prison Regime,” Dylan Rodriguez, Univ. of California, Riverside
4. “Middle Passage Sensibility in the Poetry of Lucille Clifton,” Danielle Elliott
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|