Sunday, 09 January
690. Forms of Ruin: Economics and Aesthetics in the Long Eighteenth Century
8:30–9:45 a.m., Diamond Salon 1, J. W. Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Yvette Piggush, Florida International Univ.
1. “Sympathy, Plantation Medicine, and Literary Ruins in the British West Indies,” Kelly Wisecup, Univ. of North Texas
2. “‘The Ruins of Mankind’: Coleridge’s Imperial Imagination,” Leila Walker, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
3. “Moral Economies and the Metaphorics of Ruin in Edgeworth and Owensen,” Jill Marie Bradbury, Gallaudet Univ.
4. “The Economy of Ruin,” Jonathan Sachs, Concordia Univ., Sir George William Campus
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|