Saturday, 29 December
638. Rethinking Polar Fictions in the Age of Inconvenient Truth
9:00–10:15 p.m., Ogden, Hyatt Regency
A special session
Presiding: Vin Nardizzi, Univ. of British Columbia
1. “‘Some Say the World Will End in Fire’: Climate Change and Imperial Destiny in Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein,” Siobhan Carroll, Univ. of Indiana, Bloomington
2. “Franz Boas, the Inuit, and the Aesthetics of Ethnography,” Nihad Farooq, Georgia Inst. of Tech.
3. “Up (Way Up) from Slavery: Climate, Race, and the Problem of the North,” Britt Rusert, Duke Univ.
4. “Polar Misfits,” Vin Nardizzi
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|