713. "Delight and Instruct": Restoration and Early-Eighteenth-Century British Popular Entertainment
Tuesday, 6 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Fairfax B, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Victoria Warren, Binghamton Univ., State Univ. of New York
1. "Narrative Concentration and the Family-State Analogy in Defoe and Swift," Catherine L. Keohane, Montclair State Univ.
2. "Conjuring Delight: Ravenscroft's The London Cuckolds (1681) and Restoration Comedy," Victoria Warren
3. "What Is 'Popular' English Poetry in the Early Eighteenth Century? Swift, Prior, Tom Brown, and Others," John J. Richetti, Univ. of Pennsylvania
4. "'Tyrant' Men and 'Compleat' Housewives: Authority in Early-Eighteenth-Century Cookbooks," Marta Hess, Georgia State Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|