157. Transforming the Atlantic: Caribbean-Scottish (Post)Colonial Relations
Tuesday, 5 January, 7:00–8:15 p.m., 304, WSCC
A special session
Presiding: Carla Sassi, Univ. of Verona
1. "I, Daughter: (Auto)Biography, Anxiety, and Familial Quest for Scotch Blood in Grenada and the Grenadines," Joan L. Anim-Addo, Univ. of London, Goldsmiths Coll.
2. "Fellow Travelers: Scottish Women Writers on Slavery in the West Indies, 1775–92," Corey Edward Andrews, Youngstown State Univ.
3. "Maroon Memories of the Scottish Empire," Michael Morris, Univ. of Glasgow
4. "Writing Bodies and Affects: Caribbean-Scottish Relations Affecting the Politics and Poetics of Postcolonial Discourse," Giovanna Covi, Univ. of Trento
For abstracts, visit profs.lingue.univr.it/CaribbeanScottish/INDEX.htm.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|