Friday, 07 January
176. Exploring Victorian Subjectivity: Nineteenth-Century British Diaries
8:30–9:45 a.m., Olympic I, J. W. Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Phyllis Weliver, Saint Louis Univ.
1. “Inscribing Personal and Social Subjectivities: The Diaries of Marianne Brougham,” Cynthia A. Huff, Illinois State Univ.
2. “For Business and Pleasure: The Melding of Public and Private in George Bentley’s Diaries,” Lynn M. Linder, Saint Louis Univ.
3. “Teaching Hannah Cullwick’s Diaries,” Trev Lynn Broughton, Univ. of York
4. “The Erotics of the Archive: The Diary of the Most Famous Victorian Nobody Knows,” Helena Michie, Rice Univ.; Robyn R. Warhol, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
For abstracts, write to MLA2011VictorianDiary@gmail.com.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|