247. Reading Class in Nineteenth-Century American Popular Publishing
Saturday, 10 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Sheffield, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Dustin Kennedy, Penn State Univ., University Park
1. "George Lippard and Philadelphia's Cheap Fiction Marketplace," Dustin Kennedy
2. "Between Light and Shadow: Nineteenth-Century Broadway and the Makers of Gaslight Literature," Blevin Shelnutt, New York Univ.
3. "Trash and Truth: The Centrality of Marginal Publishers of 'True Crime' Pamphlets in Antebellum Print Culture," Sara Lynn Crosby, Ohio State Univ., Marion
4. "Publishing Laura Jean Libbey," Lisa Ann Long, North Central Coll.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|