Friday, 28 December
170. American Literary Lecture Tours
8:30–9:45 a.m., Columbus Hall E and F, Hyatt Regency
A special session
1. “Oscar Wilde, Celebrity Authorship, and Transatlantic Modernism,” Jonathan E. Goldman, Florida Atlantic Univ.
2. “The Voice of the Master: Henry James, Popular Performance, and ‘The Question of Our Speech,’” Amanda Adams, Miami Univ., Oxford
3. “Gladiator Fights and Wild Beast Shows: The New Poetry as Nationalist Polemic in Amy Lowell’s Public Lectures,” Melissa Bradshaw, DePaul Univ.
4. “‘How Gertrude Stein Has Mark Twain Backed off the Map’; or, Gertrude Stein in America,” Karen Leick, Ohio State Univ., Lima
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|