585. Teaching the Long Poem by Nineteenth-Century British Women Poets
Monday, 11 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Indiana-Iowa, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Linda Kay Hughes, Texas Christian Univ.
1. "Charlotte Smith's Beachy Head and the Lyric Mode," Donelle Ruwe, Northern Arizona Univ.
2. "'Let Me Count the Ways': The Many-Faceted Aurora Leigh," Florence S. Boos, Univ. of Iowa
3. "Letitia Landon's 'The Fairy of the Fountains' and Gothic Narratives," Kari Elise Lokke, Univ. of California, Davis
4. "Amy Levy's 'Xantippe' and Nineteenth-Century Life Writing Traditions," Linda Kay Hughes
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|