Sunday, 30 December
718. Forms of Democracy in Asian American Transnational Fiction
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Stetson F, Hyatt Regency
A special session
Presiding: Wen Jin, Columbia Univ.
1. “The Fiction of Asian American Panethnicity,” Colleen Lye, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. “‘Coolie Democracy’: Pearl Buck and Chinese Exclusion, 1943,” Richard Jean So, Columbia Univ.
3. “Cosmodomestics: Tropes of Familiarity in a World in Motion,” Susan Koshy, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “Routes of Tolerance,” Wen Jin
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|