Tuesday, 29 December
585. Affected Pasts: History, Feeling, and Aesthetics in the Nineteenth Century
7:15–8:30 p.m., 401, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: John Funchion, Univ. of Miami
1. “The Way We Were: Romantic Novelists and Their Poetry,” Daniel Block, Brown Univ.
2. “Emma’s Depression,” Marshall J. Brown, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
3. “John Fanning Watson and the Angel of History in the Antebellum United States,” Yvette Piggush, Florida International Univ.
4. “Melville’s Mind: Temporality, Feeling, and the Novel,” Paul Gilmore, California State Univ., Long Beach
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 1 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|