Wednesday, 29 December
448. The Poetics of Everyday Life in Postwar Poetry
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon J, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Session leader: Andrew Davis Epstein, Florida State Univ.
1. “The Contemporary, the Everyday, and the New (the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly),” Bob Perelman, Univ. of Pennsylvania
2. “The Visual Studies of May Swenson and Elizabeth Bishop,” Thomas J. Otten, Boston Univ.
3. “‘Mixed Feelings’: The New York School and the Art of the Cliché,” Susan Barbara Rosenbaum, Univ. of Georgia
4. “She Do the House in Different Voices: The Everyday in Contemporary British and Irish Women’s Poetry,” Michael T. Thurston, Smith Coll.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|