Thursday, 06 January
92. Speaking to Marginalization: Examining Prison Life through Narratives
3:30–4:45 p.m., Diamond Salon 8, J. W. Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Carla Marquez, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
1. “Understanding Moral Exclusion, Transformation, and the Parole Process for Violent Offenders in New York State,” Carla Marquez
2. “The Power of Writing: Using Narratives to Construct the Self,” Kathy Boudin, Osborne Assn.
3. “Brothers and Sisters in Pen: In Search of Self,” Larry Brewster, Univ. of San Francisco
4. “Reading AIDS from Inside: Prison Literature as HIV Prevention,” Marty Fink, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|