520. Du Bois, King, and the Discourse of Freedom
Sunday, 11 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Great America, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Dolan Hubbard, Morgan State Univ.
1. "W. E. B. Du Bois's 'Present-Past': Reimagining the Times of Slavery and Freedom in The Souls of Black Folk," Gregory Laski, United States Air Force Acad.
2. "A Rhetorical Analysis of Michelle Obama's 'Confronting Black Fear' in Vulnerable Times through a Neo Double Consciousness Theoretical Lens," Monique Leslie Akassi, Bowie State Univ.
3. "How Long, Too Long: Stoicism's Place in Democracy for Martin Luther King, Jr., and W. E. B. Du Bois," Michael DeRell Hill, Univ. of Iowa
4. "Du Bois, King, and a Pedagogy of Hope," Dolan Hubbard
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|