498. Logic and Victorian Literature
Monday, 5 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Independence East, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Daniel Williams, Harvard Univ.
1. "Typology and Logic in George Eliot," Heather Brink-Roby, Harvard Univ.
2. "Statistical Uncertainty and the Limits of Knowledge in George Eliot's Daniel Deronda," Tina Young Choi, York Univ.
3. "'Blank Is Less Than One': Prediction and Probable Knowledge in Thomas Hardy," Daniel Williams, Harvard Univ.
4. "Symbolic Logic and the Victorian Redefinition of the Symbol," Andrea Kelly Henderson, Univ. of California, Irvine
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|