79. Crossing Borders, Finding Homes
Sunday, 3 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Back Bay B, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Sobia Khan, Univ. of Texas, Dallas
1. "Inhospitable Homes: Diasporic Realism in Zadie Smith's White Teeth and Monica Ali's Brick Lane," Feroza Framji Jussawalla, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
2. "Negotiating Homeland Belongings and Host Land Conflicts," Claudio Roberto Vieira Braga, Universidade de Brasília
Claudio Roberto Vieira Braga's Annotation:
3. "Subjunctive Historiography, Martin Espada, and Reframing Puerto Rican Diaspora," David Vibert, Stony Brook Univ., State Univ. of New York
4. "Chinese Writers at Home in America: Ha Jin and Qui Xiaolong," J. B. Rollins, National Chung Cheng Univ.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 1 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|