82. Vulnerable Readers and the Post-1945 American Novel
Saturday, 9 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., O'Hare, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Ivy Schweitzer, Dartmouth Coll.
1. "Suburban Gothic: The Uneasy Readers of Shirley Jackson," Royden Kadyschuk, Columbia Univ.
2. "Vladimir Incognito: Neurotic Rereading and the Upward Spiral of Paranoia in Nabokov's Pale Fire," Kathryn Fleishman, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. "Vulnerable Native Subjects: Reading Affective Resistance in the Renewal of Dakota Tiyospaye (Kinship) Bonds in Ella Cara Deloria's Waterlily," Christopher Pexa, Vanderbilt Univ.
4. "Responsible Readings: Interpretive Relation and the Novels of Toni Morrison," Jenny M. James, Pacific Lutheran Univ.; Autumn Womack, Univ. of Pittsburgh
For abstracts, visit vulnerablereaders.blogspot.com after 1 Nov.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|