124. War, Scar: Representations of US Torture and Imperial Violence since Vietnam
Friday, 9 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Belmont, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Katharina Motyl, Free Univ.
1. "'Shoot an Iraqi': The Imperial Imaginary and Artistic Resistance," Philip John Metres, John Carroll Univ.
2. "Visual Poetry on Unspeakable Anguish: Philip Metres's 'Abu Ghraib Arias,'" Katharina Motyl
3. "'Abdicating the Position of the Seeing Man': 1980s Representations of US Imperial Violence in El Salvador," Patricia Stuelke, Boston Univ.
4. "Aggressors R People 2: Cheerleading and Special Pleading for the United States in Vietnam," Jim Hicks, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|