45. Planetary Modernisms and Modernities
Friday, 3 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Berkeley, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Alpana Sharma, Wright State Univ.
1. "Modernity's Others or Other Modernities? South Asian Negotiations with Modernity and Amitav Ghosh's The Glass Palace," Aparna Mujumdar, Northeastern Univ.
2. "Dalit Modern," Toral Gajarawala, New York Univ.
3. "Creole, Insect, Animal: Walcott's Planetary Creatures," Ankhi Mukherjee, Univ. of Oxford, Wadham Coll.
4. "Toward a Black South Modernity: Zora Neale Hurston, Folk Culture, and the African Diaspora," Jarvis McInnis, Columbia Univ.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|