Sunday, 09 January
716. Telling Lives: New Approaches to Literature of the Iranian Diaspora
10:15–11:30 a.m., Atrium II, J. W. Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Jasmin Darznik, Washington and Lee Univ.
1. “Autobiographical Iterations of Authority in the Writings of the Iranian Diaspora,” Amy Motlagh, American Univ. in Cairo
2. “A Novel Memoir: The Dialogic Imagination in Nahid Rachlin’s Persian Girls,” Babak Elahi, Rochester Inst. of Tech.
3. “Censorship and the Iranian American Neomemoir: Violence, Desire, and Historicization in Shahriar Mandanipour’s Censoring an Iranian Love Story,” Marie Ostby, Univ. of Virginia
4. “History Did Not Begin in 1979: Reframing Iranian American Subjectivities through Historical Fiction,” Persis M. Karim, San José State Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|