733. New Directions in Oceanic Studies
Thursday, 8 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 306, WSCC
A special session
Presiding: Hester Blum, Penn State Univ., University Park; Lenora Warren, New York Univ.
1. "Exploring Maritime Book Histories," Adriana Craciun, Univ. of California, Riverside
2. "Insurrection at Sea: Violence, the Slave Trade, and the Rhetoric of Abolition," Lenora Warren
3. "The Rhetoric of Naval Combat in Elizabethan Prose," Mary Fuller, Massachusetts Inst. of Tech.
4. "The United States at the Ends of the Earth," Hester Blum
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|