278. Bad Romance: Reading, Race, and Religion in Early Modern English Romance
Tuesday, 6 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 309, WSCC
A special session
Presiding: Lauren Shohet, Villanova Univ.
1. "Sanctifying Romance: Converting the Islamic Self in Harington's Orlando Furioso," Dennis Britton, Univ. of New Hampshire, Durham
2. "Lady Mary Wroth's Global Romance and the Traffic in Fashion," Lori Humphrey Newcomb, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
3. "Amadis Lost and Found: Romance and the Embarrassment of Origins," Sarah Wall-Randell, Wellesley Coll.
4. "Romancing Truth in Henry VIII; or, All Is True," Tiffany Jo Werth, Simon Fraser Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|