Monday, 29 December
616. The Responsbility of the Poet: Grace Paley Writing Social Change
3:30–4:45 p.m., Golden Gate 3, Hilton
A linked session arranged in conjunction with the forum Grace Paley Writing the World: Literature and Legacy (289)
Presiding: Florence Howe, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
1. “For Love of the Imperfect World,” Susan Griffin, California Inst. of Integral Studies
2. “Inhabiting Voices: Grace Paley Writing Difference,” Ivy Schweitzer, Dartmouth Coll.
3. “Angry Arts: Grace Paley, the War Resisters League, and the Rebirth of Activist Art in the City of New York,” John Bell, Massachusetts Inst. of Tech.
4. “The Morality of Orality,” Ruth Perry, Massachusetts Inst. of Tech.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|