Friday, 28 December
280. How the University Works: Higher Education and the Service Economy
1:45–3:00 p.m., Grand Ballroom D North, Hyatt Regency
A workshop arranged in conjunction with the forum The Precarious Future of Academic Freedom (429)
Presiding: P. Marc Bousquet, Santa Clara Univ.
1. “Superservice as a Threat to Academic Freedom,” Katie J. Hogan, Carlow Univ.
2. “Servicing Debt: The Price of Education,” Jeffrey J. Williams, Carnegie Mellon Univ. (abstract available)
3. “Finding Good Help: The Silent Economy of Service in Higher Education,” Michelle A. Massé, Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge
4. “Superexploitation and the Student’s Right to Learn,” P. Marc Bousquet (abstract available)
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|