Responding to Calls for Papers
To submit a call for papers for the 2016 convention, please visit www.mla.org/cfp_main by 28 February 2015.
View Calls for Papers
Calls for papers for the 2016 MLA convention will be accessible through the links below through March 2015. The list of calls for papers will be updated as new calls are posted, so we recommend checking this page regularly for updates.
Browse a list of calls for papers. Calls are listed alphabetically by type of session.
Search the listings by the name of the person who posted the call or by a specific word contained in the call for papers.
Information for Responding to Calls for Papers
- Review the session guidelines for the MLA convention before responding to calls for papers.
- Send submissions to the session organizer whose name and e-mail are included in the listing; paper submissions should not be sent to the MLA offices.
- Include any audiovisual equipment needs for your presentation when you respond to a call for papers.
- If you are invited to participate in a session, you must be an MLA member by 7 April 2015.
- All session participants must register for the convention.
- An MLA member may participate (e.g., by organizing and chairing a meeting, reading a paper, or serving as a speaker, presider, or respondent) only twice at a convention.
- Review the Convention Participant FAQs.
Please note: A call for papers is not a session proposal but a way to solicit paper submissions for creating a session proposal. Program copy forms for the 2016 convention will be available at www.mla.org/convention in early March. Completed program copy forms must be submitted by 1 April 2015.