The "125" cocktail served at the exhibit booth on Monday.
1. I’m looking forward to meeting some of our graduate student members and new regular members at a special breakfast this morning and learning how we can better serve their needs.
2. A little Delegate Assembly trivia: the MLA’s tech expert Steve Bury always asks a test question to be sure the voting machines at the Delegate Assembly meeting are working properly. This year’s test question was “Has Tina Fey now surpassed Rocky as Philadelphia's most famous export?” 103 of you said yes, 53 said no.
3. I’m already thinking about LA!
Next year’s convention will mark the association’s first visit to Los Angeles since 1982. We’ll also be meeting in January instead of late December. I’ll be at the Open Meeting of the Program Committee
this morning listening to members’ ideas for sessions at the 2011 convention.
4. I’ve actually had a few people ask me about the ingredients in our “125” cocktail at Monday afternoon’s exhibit booth reception. If you’re looking for a New Year’s recipe, re-create it by adding a splash of Canton Ginger liqueur and a twist of candied ginger to a glass of chilled Prosecco.
5. Will I have time to drop by the exhibit hall in the Marriott one more time? I hope so, since this is the day exhibitors offer their best discounts on books. We’re giving a 25% discount on all titles in the MLA exhibit booth, by the way, and 30% off all MLA Texts and Translations
titles (in honor of this year’s convention theme of translation).
6. I already have an item for my agenda for next year: host another Tweetup where the drinks are on me! If you didn't get the message, follow me at mlaconvention on Twitter
7. I’ll take the train back to New York City late today. I’ve been missing my new cat, and I can’t wait to see her furry face again! She can has cheezburger
for the New Yeer.