MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing
Pages: xxiv & 336 pp.
ISBN: 9780873522977 (hardcover)
ISBN: 9780873522984 (large-print)
"A standard guide for scholarly style."
"This third edition of the manual is. . . indispensable."
"The bastion of scholarly publishing etiquette."
Reorganized and revised, the third edition of the MLA Style Manual offers complete, up-to-date guidance on writing scholarly texts, documenting research sources, submitting manuscripts to publishers, and dealing with legal issues surrounding publication. New in the third edition:
- a significant revision of MLA documentation style
- simplified citation formats for electronic sources
- detailed advice on the review process used by scholarly journals and presses
- a fully updated chapter on copyright, fair use, contracts, and other legal issues
- guidelines on preparing electronic files
- discussion of the electronic submission of a dissertation
- a foreword by Domna C. Stanton on the current state of scholarly publishing
- a preface by David G. Nicholls on what is new in the third edition
MLA guides present the most accurate and complete information on MLA style.